Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dinner and Atticus! dun! dun!


Atty hates dinners because it involves his arch nemesis: Vegetables! It was the usually routine, Bobb announcing that we give cake to children who eat vegetables. Atty starts complaining it is too hard, too much, too gross. I sigh and call him are ever optimist. And he retorts, "Yeah, an optimist never got a piece of cake!" We giggled and moved on. Then Atticus tried a different approach. He pushed his plate toward me and addressed us, "Mom, Dad, What is more important? Me or food?" I left the room to laugh. Bobb responded well. Atticus tried a few other attempts, but alas in the end the cake had to be saved for another day. Avaree however always makes sure she gets cake.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you bribe him with cake!! So funny that he still won't cave and eat a veggie for cake! I think I would do it way too often! Your kids are adorable and I loved reading your story! So glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete